Wednesday - Sunday 12-8 pm for take-out and delivery
Find us at 47 East Houston Street between Mulberry and Mott, upstairs.
For parties of 6 guests or more, we offer a daily prix fixe menu.
To inquire about the following event options, please email email@example.com:
LARGE PARTIES OF 6 OR MORE
PARTIAL OR FULL RESTAURANT BUY-OUTS
OFF-SITE CATERING & EVENTS
Estela is a restaurant in downtown Manhattan from chef Ignacio Mattos. Set one floor above Houston Street, it is a bistro at heart, taking familiar ideas like tartare, ricotta dumplings, burrata on toast, fried rice, and steak, and presenting them in new, satisfying ways. The bar is open late, and you can come in for just a glass and a small bite, should you feel like it. Now in its 6th year, estela has earned numerous accolades, including a place on the World’s 50 Best Restaurants List, one Michelin Star, and two stars from both New York Magazine and the New York Times.
Ignacio Mattos, Owner and Chef
Ignacio Mattos is the chef-owner of New York restaurants estela, Café Altro Paradiso, and Flora Bar. Born in Uruguay, he has a bold, singular style inspired by the city he now calls home, time spent in Europe and South America, and the mentorship of chefs Alice Waters, Francis Mallmann, and Judy Rodgers. In 2017, Esquire named Ignacio America’s Chef of the Year. His first cookbook, Estela, was ranked one of 2018's best by the New York Times Book Review.
Chef de Cuisine
The New York Times online
The Best Wine Books Are Not Always About Wine
Estela – New York - a Restaurant
Time Out NY
The 100 best restaurants in NYC to dine at now
Worlds 50 Best
What to order, insider info and how to book the venues in The World’s 50 Best Restaurants 2019 51-120 list
Send us a message and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible. You can also reach us by phone at (212) 219-7693. Looking forward to hearing from you.
We are placing the highest priority on maintaining the health and safety of our staff and guests. Here are some of the procedures we have implemented to combat against the spread of COVID-19 at Estela:
- All guests and team members that dine or work in the restaurant have their temperature taken before entering the space. We record this information and keep contact tracing information in addition to declarations of health on site as required by the state.
- We enforce strict social distancing guidelines and require masks to be worn at all times, except when guests are seated at their table. We have also installed five foot barriers throughout our dining room to further provide safety between our diners.
- We have provided detailed communication plans to our team. We encourage testing often and provide testing site information in both English and Spanish. We provide our team with a policy to stay home if they or anyone within their home feels ill for any reason. Masks, face shields, and additional PPE are provided for all team members and their use is strictly enforced.
- We have upgraded our HVAC air filtration systems to be equipped with the highest rated ionization and purification equipment. Each bathroom is fitted with HEPA certified air purifiers to remove airborne particles and pathogens.
- We use Ecolab Smartpower Surface Sanitizer on all food contact surfaces. This is the only dispensed sanitizer in the industry with a COVID-19/ Norovirus kill claim in 30 seconds. All other surfaces are routinely cleaned after every guest with Ecolab Peroxide Multisurface Sanitizer.
If you have any questions or concerns about our COVID-19 protocols, or would like to alert us of any pertinent guest information, please contact Drew at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (212) 219-7693.